Aloo Gobi is a popular Punjabi delicacy in all restaurants of North India. It is a semi-dry dish made of potato (aloo in Hindi) and cauliflower (Gobi in Hindi). Every family has developed its own version of this dish, with the addition of ingredients suited to their taste and / or those available. The base ingredients, however, who are in most versions are onions, tomatoes, chillies, turmeric, ginger, garlic and coriander.
1. In a pot, add salt the potatoes into chunks and add a little water. Cover with a suitable cover to the microwave and cuocetevele medium-high temperature for ten minutes. Do the same with the cabbage, but at the end of the salting process.
NOTE: If you do not plan to use the microwave there is no problem: just add potatoes and coleslaw to masala and a half glass of water. Cook over medium heat with the lid on until they are tender. (Take the test with a fork)
2. In a pan, heat the oil you do well and add the cumin seeds. Let them sizzle. Add the asafoetida, turmeric and onions. Mix well and saute everything for 4-5 minutes.
3. Add chopped ginger and garlic, mixing thoroughly until the oil separates from the onions.
4. Add the tomatoes and cook with care, as long as (again) the tomato is not separated from the oil. You can also use the past, but the final texture will be slightly different.
5. Add coriander powder, garam masala, chili powder, cumin powder on the amchoor and salt. Mix well.
6. Add the potatoes to the masala blend in well. Cover and cook for about 5-6 minutes – or until potatoes are tender.
7. Add the green peas and cabbage, stir well and cover. Cook until the cabbage has also not reached the desired consistency.
8. Garnish with coriander leaves.
9. Serve with chapati bread, paratha or Basmati rice. It is an excellent side dish!
- ingredients:1 medium-sized cauliflower, chopped
2 large potatoes, cut into chunks
240 grams of peas (also frozen)
1 medium onion, finely chopped
2 large tomatoes, chopped
½ teaspoon cumin seeds
1 pinch of Asafoetida (optional)
½ teaspoon turmeric powder
1 small ginger, peeled and chopped
5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 teaspoons ground coriander
1 teaspoon cumin powder
1 teaspoon garam masala
½ teaspoon amchoor
Cilantro (for garnish) q.s.
chili powder q.s.
2 tablespoons oil
Salt to taste.