The Palak paneer is one of the most easily recognizable dishes of Indian cuisine. One of the flagships vegetarians who can hardly miss on overseas boards. Also very popular in restaurants. Rich in iron, protein and delicious for children
1) Boil the spinach in salted water.
2) Put the spinach in a blender and chop until you get the desired consistency: do not chop too, try to get a grainy.
3) In a nonstick skillet, preheat the oil over high heat. When he reached the temperature, add chopped onion and stir. Cook for about 5 minutes.
4) Add the ginger and garlic to the mix. Cook for another 5 minutes.
5) Add the tomato puree and cook covered until the oil separates from the ingredients. Stir often, since it tends to burn very quickly. Reduce the heat if necessary.
6) While the sauce is cooking, preheat a little ‘oil in a frying pan, add the cubes of paneer and let brown on the outside. Remove them from the heat and depositateli on a bit ‘of kitchen paper to remove excess oil.
7) After that, take the cubes of paneer and dip them in cold water for about five minutes. Meanwhile, if the sauce is ready, add the spinach to the mixture.
8) Stir and add the garam masala, cumin powder, coriander powder, salt, chili powder and turmeric. Stir well for 3-5 minutes.
9) Add the desired amount of cream and / or milk, until a desired consistency. At this point, gently squeeze the water and put it in the masala paneer spinach.
10) Heat it mixed well.
11) Serve hot with naan bread, chapati, basmati rice or paratha.
Ingredients for 4 people):
500 grams of spinach
200 g paneer into cubes
3 tablespoons oil
2 medium onions, finely chopped
1 can of tomato puree
2.5 cm of ginger, finely chopped
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 teaspoons garam masala
1 teaspoon cumin
2 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp turmeric Satin
8 tablespoons heavy cream
chili powder, q.s.
Salt to taste.