Chicken / Lamb Vindaloo needs no presentation: the famous, spicy and unique in the world, this original dish of Goa has built its reputation thanks to a number of books about it.
1) Soak chilies in 4 tablespoons of white vinegar and marinate for 30 minutes. At this point, put them in a blender and add the cloves, peppercorns, cinnamon stick, ginger, garlic, chili powder, cumin seeds and turmeric powder.
2) Chop until you have a smooth paste. If necessary, add some water spoon to grind better.
3) Prepare the chicken: Remove the skin, cut into pieces, wash and dry it with kitchen paper;
4) Dip the chicken in the marinade and let stand in refrigerator for a couple of hours (best all night, being able to).
5) In the first mixer (still dirty), the two finely chopped onions and add them to the marinade.
6) In a large nonstick skillet preheated oil. Add you, then the peppercorns and cloves. When they begin to sizzle, add the chicken, mix well and let the pulp color changes.
7) Add the potatoes, chili powder, water and white vinegar.
8) A medium-low heat, stir and cover with a lid. Cook for about an hour, stirring occasionally.
9) After an hour, check the potatoes they should be cooked. Adjust the salt and other spices, if necessary.
10) Serve with basmati rice or naan very hot!
Ingredients (serves 6):
1.25 kg of boneless chicken thighs
2 medium onions, finely chopped
2 tablespoons clarified butter (ghee)
4 teaspoons chili powder
2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
950 ml of water
2 tablespoons white vinegar
For the marinade:
12 chilli (or to taste)
4 tablespoons white vinegar
15 grains of pepper (or to taste)
Cue 1 of 5 cm cinnamon
2 tablespoons finely chopped ginger
12 cloves garlic
1 tablespoon of cumin seeds
2 teaspoons of turmeric
2 teaspoons chili powder
2 teaspoons salt (or q.s.)